Spring is upon us and now it's time to look at the exterior and interior of your home.
Here are a few suggestions on what to look for and maintain.
- Clean out the gutters and remove any debris.
- Inspect & repair siding and any peeling paint.
- Check downspouts and ensure they are pointing away from the house.
- Check for loose or damaged roof shingles and repair if needed.
- Look to see if tree branches aren't too close to the house.
- Clean outside - your deck, porch, driveway, etc.
- Check basement for water damage and look for any foundation cracks. Also a good time to look for any pests.
- Clean air filters and vents and replace furnace filter.
- Clean out dryer vent and clean behind the washer and dryer too.
- Check washing machine and dishwasher fill hoses to make sure there are no cracks developing.
- Inspect the attic and make sure no critters came in during the winter. Check for mold as well.
- Inspect caulking around doors and windows.
These are a few points to consider. There are more that can be done but the main thing is just get started!