Spring Home Maintenance
Spring is upon us and now it's time to look at the exterior and interior of your home.
Here are a few suggestions on what to look for and maintain.
- Clean out the gutters and remove any debris.
- Inspect & repair siding and any peeling paint.
- Check downspouts and ensure they are pointing away from the house.
- Check for loose or damaged roof shingles and repair if needed.
- Look to see if tree branches aren't too close to the house.
- Clean outside - your deck, porch, driveway, etc.
- Check basement for water damage and look for any foundation cracks. Also a good time to look for any pests.
- Clean air filters and vents and replace furnace filter.
- Clean out dryer vent and clean behind the washer and dryer too.
- Check washing machine and dishwasher fill hoses to make sure there are no cracks developing.
- Inspect the attic and make sure no critters came in during the winter. Check for mold as well.
- Inspect caulking around doors and windows.
These are a few points to consider. There are more that can be done but the main thing is just get started!
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.